Joseph Made is Zimbabwe’s former minister of Agriculture who served in the administration of the late former president Robert Mugabe.
There are unverified reports which say Joseph Made has died.
Former Minister of Higher and Tertiary Education, Professor Jonathan Moyo dismissed the reports as “an exaggerated falsehood!”
Below are five things you probably did not know about Joseph Made.
- Joseph Made was born on 21 November 1954.
- He served as the Minister in Ministries related to Agriculture from 2000 to 2017.
- New and old farming and hospital equipment most of which was lying idle, was recovered at his farm in Headlands on 21 December 2017. Among them were; 2006 rotten maize seed, generators, wheelchairs, and unused storage bags (masaga) from the Presidential inputs scheme were recovered
- He was made Minister of Lands, Agriculture and Rural Resettlement, 2000- 2007.
- He continued earning a salary from the Agricultural and Rural Development Authority ARDA after 10 years of leaving the institution. The reported salary was reported to be a gift for managing Robert Mugabe‘s farms..